Monday, September 12, 2011

"Patriot Day"

This is the Field of Flags in Salem. We had a very nice walk around the park, peaceful, respectful of our nation. The governor had some soldiers their with some sort of artillery for taking down airplanes (I'm guessing here). That was interesting, especially for Dillan. I am reminded what a big deal it was 10 years ago and that my kids will never really understand, just like I don't really understand the Iron Curtain or the Cold War.
I'm glad we're all alive and that the United States is still free. I'm grateful for this country, that it allowed Jesus' gospel to return to the earth and that I get to partake in it. I am so blessed.
Hazel chased a toy in there and then ended up on top of it, so she couldn't even play with it! She has started trying to get to toys by herself, before she had to be coaxed along to crawl.

No comments: