Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mistakes

I'm learning that as a parent there are an infinite number of mistakes you can make with your children. Let me tell you the most recent. I love peeking in on Dillan while he is sleeping. That is when he seems the most precious (he's cute, quiet, peaceful, and I don't have to take care of him while he's asleep). I put him down for a nap at 3:30 and went upstairs to finish a show I was watching. At 4 I went back down to do the dishes and thought I would just sneak in and peek at Dillan first. After entering the room silently a little head suddenly popped, a binky and 2 little eyes staring at me. "Oh shoot!" I yelled at myself in my head and abruptly turned out of the room. But it was too late, he had already started crying.
So I find myself writing this post to the sound of my baby crying himself back to sleep, too afraid to do the dishes lest the clattering keep him from falling asleep. Lucky for me, there is only silence coming from our room now...back to the dishes

No comments: