Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life Got Crazy

Once school started we ran out of extra time to post anything on our blog. I'm doing 9 credits at school, working 20 hours, and being pregnant. Kyle is working even more and taking 14.5 credits. We have decided to name our baby Dillan. This decision was based on trial and error, I started calling him a name and it wouldn't seem right, so I would try a different one. Dillan is the only name that felt right, so we're keeping it!
Here is our last month at a glance:
  • we went to a junkyard to get wheels for Kyle's car
  • I learned to sew some baby blankets with my mom
  • school started
  • we resigned our apartment contract (and rent went up, we're a little upset about that)
  • we finally resized Kyle's wedding ring, which he hadn't wore for about 5 months)
  • we went to a BMX competition in Salt Lake (Kyle had to teach me the difference between BMX bikes and motorbikes, I think it embarrassed him)
  • we went to the ward campout (camping a pregnancy do not go together well)
  • I had my birthday, and am now 22
  • we are still teaching the 6 year olds in primary, I think their behavior is getting worse as the year goes on
  • I had the gestational diabetes test, the results? low iron, but no diabetes
  • Kyle got me the book Brisingr which I haven't had time to start yet, but he has!
  • I gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks (I don't know how I feel about that)
  • In one day I had an eye appointment, a bridal shower, a baby shower for myself, and Womon's Conference--I wasn't feeling well by the end of the day
  • my sister threw me a baby shower, which I am very grateful for
  • Kyle had a mission reunion
  • I made a huge stuffed puppy for Dillan, which he probably won't appreciate for another year
  • I got really big and now own maternity clothes (which make me feel fat)
  • we just finished watching General Conference
  • Kyle's birthday is tomorrow
Wow! I don't know how we do all of that and go to work and school, the Lord is really helping us get through this crazy semester!

Kyle getting a haircut, by me!

Finished month 6!
Finished month 7!
The BMX competition


Sewing my puppy made a big mess. It covered the whole front room for 3 days!
I learned the faux fur is really hard to work with. It turned out really cute!

I got this skirt and petticoat idea from watching The Devil Wears Prada.
I made up the pattern for the petticoat and modified another pattern for skirt.
It took a few months from start to finish, but its finally done!

No comments: