Let's see...more foster Foundations classes, visiting teaching, went to the temple, got a bunk bed, tradition: Hardy Family dinner at Portland Seafood Co., Hobbit movie date, Christmas Eve Hardy Dinner and Nativity (Dillan and Hazel were Mary and Joseph with Baby Rawley as Baby Jesus), Bridal Shower Brunch with Liz (Bond) Tanner, Christmas Lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake City, followed by major car accident by Danny and Liz (2 days before their wedding), Danny and Liz sealed in Temple, Danny lost ring in E-brake, Kyle retrieved it next day.
Whew, those are the short stories!
In concern for Dillan's amazingly crowded new adult teeth, Kyle asks him daily if he can pull out the adjoining teeth. He had his first dentist appointment, so I could refer to the dentist's expertise on the matter instead of taking sides. He was so excited to go and really disappointed when it got pushed back a few days due to an emergency. He is part of the "no cavity club," and enjoyed his visit. The dentist said its no use taking out teeth to make room, there just isn't enough room in his mouth and he'll need braces.
Hazel's First Ballet Recital, there's a video of her dance further down.
When I first tried her costume on she told me it wasn't modest. I was so impressed with her! I tried to make excuses that it's okay for a performance. Good thing the Spirit worked on me and we found her an appropriate leotard to where under it to make it modest. I'm so proud of her for wanting to be modest and not minding to be different from everyone else!
Dillan turned 6, and he needs 2 hands to hold up 6 fingers! The next day, first thing in the morning he told me: "Mom, I'm STILL 6!"
He chose Joe's Donuts for his special dessert.
They arranged all their mattresses during Rest Time as a fencing arena. We were reading them a chapter book about fencing each night.
Dillan and Dylan, reunited! His best friend from preschool is temporarily in our neighborhood, awesome!
We told our Foster Care Certifier we are willing to take anyone 0-5 years of age. To get your house approved you need the bed they will sleep in. So we started hunting for an inexpensive bunk bed. Mostly we found beds that were an hour away, looked okay, at about $200. And they kept falling through! Then Kyle found this one: closer, cheaper, nicer (and the deal didn't fall through)! An additional manifestation to me that we are following the Lord's will in being foster parents, and He is supporting us in that endeavor.
They love it up there.
Sharing a snack of frozen peas and blueberries
We went caroling with Grandma and Grandpa Hardy.
During December I worked with the kids on a children's Christmas song about the Nativity called "Picture a Christmas." The kids made up signs to go with it to help them remember. Then we went around to the neighbors and all the 14 and 15-year-olds that I worked with at Church. Everyone's favorite was Hazel!
The Christmas Season was pretty special for us this year. We put home school at the bottom of the priority list and service at the top. We went to Oregon City one day to wrap presents at a clothes closet called Angels in the Outfield. They provide clothes (and toys and books) to children in foster care or are otherwise needy. And guess who else was there?...several home schooling Mormon families!
We also helped with Christmas boxes for a service club in Sandy. Lincoln was on my back in a pack and Dillan and Hazel got to do the twisty ties on bags of fruit that were being packed into each box. Dillan and Hazel were the youngest volunteers, and they really enjoyed it (especially looking through the piles of presents that weren't for them!).
Dillan and Hazel also picked out presents for kids their own age and took their jobs very seriously. I'm impressed with how considerate they were of what the other child would want.
I love this and laughed through the whole thing. Hazel is the one in the middle that keeps dropping her fabric.
We got a new camera for Christmas. So Kyle went a little crazy with taking pictures that day. This is wrapping up the presents on Christmas Eve!The best gift I got this Christmas arrived a few days before...A knife sharpener man came to my house and sharpened all my kitchen knives and a few other things. Yay!
Lincoln woke up first Christmas Morning.
The presentation
Lincoln's favorite thing from the stocking was the cutie oranges. He played with those for a long time.
That is a great picture of me!
Hazel got an easel, Lincoln is enjoying playing peek-a-boo and taking everything off of it.
He is very slowly learning the piano. I began teaching him in September, he is on the 3rd song in the book.
Better at skateboarding than I thought! This is Christmas day.
Christmas Day
Hazel is using her new scissors and I'm making collages with the pieces she provides.
Painting on the easel. We learned really fast to put a drop cloth underneath. The blue paint-pot fell within the first 5 minutes of painting, putting a 2 foot long blue stripe on our carpet (that didn't completely come out).Grandma and Grandpa Tanner's house the day after Christmas. Cousins had made "Mt. Hood" the day before that Dillan is playing in.
We flew in the day after Christmas and stayed for a week with David and JaNae's family from Texas and Gma and Gpa for Danny's wedding.
See Dillan in the bottom left corner? Enjoying the scenery...contemplating questions of the soul...normal 6-year-old stuff.
Showing some ballet in pajamas and swimsuit: Tendu
We made Gingerbread Houses. Kyle and I collaborated. I did the "yard" with the "river," bushes, and walkway, Kyle did the "mansion."
One of the kids, I think Hazel.
Grandpa did a temple with Angel Moroni on top! I had no idea he had such creativity.
Shining shoes just before the temple sealing.
The kids and dads went to an indoor carnival place.
Dillan and Hazel had a ski day with Dad and Grandpa. Hazel ended up being too tired, came home, slept and rested and moaned the rest of the day (sick). But the guys had a great time on the mountain! Dillan wore everyone out and wanted to stay until closing.
This is a run even smaller than the bunny slope, that was just his level.




No comments:
Post a Comment