We started off February by celebrating Valentine's Day early at the Piano Guys concert. It was the first time I had left Lincoln for more than 2 hours. After being stressed for 2 days about whether or not I could pump enough milk to hold Lincoln over and if the babysitter (14 years old) could handle putting all my kids to bed, we went and I forgot all about the kids (for a few hours) and had a blast! Musical, beautiful, entertaining, funny. Yay for dates that I love with a man that I love!
The very next day we sold the car (that we called The Butterfly) and I ran out of gas, almost. I picked up one of the Young Women for an activity and just as we pulled off the freeway the car started jerking. We jerked all the way into the church parking lot. Then I got Lincoln out of the car and had no diaper bag! Which meant I had no wallet, no money to buy more gas. Aaahh! After the Young Women activity another leader (Sister Ipson) followed me to the gas station (jerking all the way there) and bought me some gas. What a blessing that the car made it to the gas station, that Sister Ipson helped me, and that Lincoln didn't need anything the whole time we were there. The Lord was really looking out for me.
I think this is a race track for those Hot Wheels cars.
So handsome in the sweater Grandma Hardy knitted for him!
Everyone loves to crowd-I mean, give attention to-Lincoln.
Random!
He's helping Lincoln do Super Lincoln! (it's in the arms)
Snow day! Kyle's work let out early, and he got the next day off, school was cancelled, church was even cancelled. I didn't know those could all happen! I come from Utah, where blizzards don't stop anyone from doing anything. We had a fun Sunday with the Dovers over for mini-church.At the end of Kyle's time off from the snow days he was exhausted and I was feeling really rested up! Just goes to show how much energy it takes to raise kids all day.
The kids had a blast, especially Dillan. He went sledding so long that we made him come in a few times, just to make sure he didn't get frost bite. Good thing he had cousins that would stay out with him, us adults got cold too fast!
We stayed in and watched the Olympics. Dillan said he's most interested in the Giant Slalom. But after all that sledding, I think he's most interested in the Skeleton.
Our nice friends, the Dovers, gave us their old antennae, so we got to watch the Olympics most evenings after the kids went to bed. My favorite was the Ice Dancing, which always came on right when I was going to bed! Grrr ;(
New Discovery!
That's me!
Notice the snow bibs.
Lincoln's version of snow bibs.
First the snow was too dry/cold to make snow balls. Then, days later, it was too wet and compact. So this was the best I could do for a snowman.
I'm still good-looking! Actually, I think Hazel demanded I make a funny face.
Cute smile!
That bib is so missized it fits Kyle!
Ninja Dillan! That's a long sleeve T-shirt ninja mask!
Dillan has been asking me for over a month to make him a ninja costume. I love the internet! I didn't need to make or buy anything, just tie the shirt on. So we all did it and had a family ninja party! We even have a song about ninjas that we listened and danced to. :)
Everybody, Ninja!
I finally got a picture of Super Lincoln! It's especially great when his bib turns around and becomes his cape! He's been doing this almost since birth. The bibs are a new addition, he started drooling this month!
Hazel is "feeding" Lincoln with milk in her finger.
We got out the Bumbo. Both kids fit in it, or should I say, all 3 kids! That's crazy! And it caused a lot of fights. Bumbo, too cool for a 3 year old and a 5 year old to share.
Multnomah Falls after a breakfast with Aunt Misha and Grandma Hardy at Multnomah Falls Lodge. That's becoming a fun tax season tradition.
This shirt is from Grandma Kirkham who began chemotherapy the day I took this picture.
February also included a Valentine's Day party at Dillan's preschool (no sugar! just fun games and a song!). We made it back to the temple for the first time since Lincoln was born.
I started having some pretty bad stomach aches, regularly. And I'm work with a Wellness Consultant/Yoga instructor to get better!
No comments:
Post a Comment