Thursday, August 15, 2013

Big Summer Fun

July included an eye exam for me (.25 improvement in one eye!), a lot of blueberry picking, and some bulk free-range meat orders.  I am super grateful for our new chest freezer to put it all in!  
We also found a frog in our garden.  The kids kept getting scared and startled when it jumped.  I had to be brave and catch the frog myself, for the sake of my kids education and enjoyment.  Its funny, the things we do for them.
We began potty training again.  I stepped in poop, Hazel's poop.  It's been a long journey, but she's finally getting it, and we love it!
I got an ultrasound, but we didn't find out the gender of the baby.  Everything looks good and the little person looked like a cutie!
Hazel went on the Daddy/Daughter camp out while Dillan and I went to the Troutdale Art Walk and had a girls night at a friends house (where Dillan slept).  Hazel loved the camp out!  Everyone else loved watching Kyle running Hazel to the bathroom when she had to go.
Dillan gave a talk in Primary.  Both kids finished the Summer Reading Program and got T-shirts.
Dillan started swimming lessons.
Kyle and I went to the dentist.  It's probably been 2 years since we went last, and we didn't get our cavities filled that time.  We are catching up!
We had an Eldredge (Kyle's mom's side) Family reunion in Albion, Idaho (near Twin Falls).  This was the towns 4th of July Celebration and Hazel could not stop marching to the patriotic music!
A typical summer morning after all the chores are done.  I love sitting out here with them!
More fun at the family reunion.  We're at the City of Rocks and this is Dillan's first time rock climbing.  He was so proud of himself!


Hazel was just too small to get in a harness, but she did plenty of her own rock climbing anyway.
Kyle took the kids 4-wheeling (family reunion) around the neighborhood and then went on a longer excursion with some extended family.  Beautiful!  See the storm rolling in?  They got drenched!

Proud parent moment!  Dillan finished his preschool workbook this month that he's been working on for 2 years!  Hazel got one that she started.  Each morning for 2 weeks I watched Dillan struggle through 1 page of recognizing a pattern and drawing what came next while Hazel flew through 4-6 pages of learning colors.  He knew what he was doing was way harder, even though it was the same workbook.
Backyard fun in the heat.
Our road trip to Albion, Idaho.  Borrowed a dual DVD player.  Watching movies made that road trip so much easier!

The 4th of July Parade at Albion, Idaho.  Adorable small town parade.


Bringing up the rear were a bunch of kids and parents on bikes and scooters, classic!
Part of the 4th of July celebration was a greased pole with a $100 bill pinned to the top.  That entertained about 30 kids for several hours.

Hazel was the youngest one I saw try it.

Another regular morning after chores are done.
We hiked Horsetail Falls.  Dillan was awesome fast and I was supremely slow due to the big belly!  It was our first time doing an evening hike, we packed along dinner.  Loved it!

Dillan is making sandwiches for their lunch.  I can't remember why, but I felt too tired to stand up and do it myself.  Another proud parent moment!
Another summer morning activity.  Since Hazel was potty training, she spent most mornings in the front yard with just underwear.  We're classy.

The kids disappeared after I gave them their sandwiches to eat outside.  But I found them!


Eating a blue marker, or kissing it.

Pioneer Day games with grandma!
Cheaters!  Kyle lifted her up and then ran!
Dillan had a blast during each game (the pictures are the proof), then would tell us it was boring, could we play a different game.

Yeah, putty does that!
Another summer morning!  That's our neighbor, Maiangel, one of Dillan's best friends.
This girl knows how to go berry picking!
I got a piano!  I've been saving up forever and Kyle found me this one, $295 including the cost of delivery.  It is so much better than a digital piano!  And it feels so homey.  Love it!

No comments: