Sunday, December 4, 2011

Perfect Little Moments

We look good!
I was washing off the table, so I moved a few things onto Hazel's high chair tray. She knocked the bowl of grapes off and started eating them!
The kids are both in there! Hazel loves playing peek-a-boo with it.
We just got out our Christmas stuff. Dillan was so excited to wear the Santa hat and made everyone try it on.
Hazel was actually trying to eat that tube of ornaments. Like a dog with a bone.
Yay for perfect family moments, everyone is behaving and being helpful!
It's Dillan's first Christmas helping to decorate. He also go to set up a nativity by himself (it's funny, nothing is paying attention to baby Jesus), and he got to put up the doorknob hangers. He likes to rearrange the ornaments or pick up the ones Hazel has pulled off.
I'm so glad our bulbs are from the dollar store, didn't have to worry about Hazel playing with them. She tired of this activity pretty fast. Dillan even tried to tempt her back with a really low one placed just for her, didn't work.
I made some vegan hot chocolate, the rest is all Dillan!
They love having bathtime together! Usually Hazel is laughing her head off the whole time because she enjoys Dillan so much!
Packing to go to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving.
Okay, this is where I put in the stories of what has happened over the past few weeks. As I was doing the dishes one day I noticed that it was silent and both of the kids were in the family room. That's always dangerous. On checking it out I found Dillan sitting on the couch looking at a library book and Hazel playing by the legos. It was such a perfect moment!
Hazel has discovered legos, her favorite thing to do is is take apart every single piece. It's always a race to build something quick before she grabs it and begins demolition.
Also, Hazel only wants to eat "grown-up" food now. If it is made special for a baby, she doesn't want it. We are also making the transition to 2 naps a day for her, but with 2 kids sharing a room, naps are difficult.
I don't have any stories about Dillan. In general he is growing up, happy and energetic, behaving better, not improving in potty training, playing nicer with Hazel, and is so good at talking I think he'll be a public speaker.
Dillan and Kyle are swordfighting on the Wii. Dillan is good! He wins a lot of the time because Kyle can't get a swipe in!
He's got moves!

1 comment:

Kaitlan said...

Your family pictures are sooooo cute!!