Wednesday, October 7, 2009

An Eventful Weekend

This is how I found Dillan while making Kyle's birthday pie. I had taken the pots out for him to play with and he seized the moment!



Kyle's birthday was on Tuesday. Uneventful. A special breakfast, out to dinner, and a Wii game. But Dillan did take 3 waddle steps from me to the table! So, Happy Birthday to YOU!

We went camping this weekend trying to get in our camping before it got cold. It turns out that this was the first cold weekend of the year! Bad planning, huh. We got stuck in rush hour and and BYU football game traffic so it took 2.5 hours to get to our camping spot in Provo. By then I was really frustrated, carsick, and hungry and we still had to heat up the coals and cook the food, in the dark, with Dillan. Due to the cold we put Dillan to bed in a onesie, pajamas, a long sleeve shirt, pants, and a coat. With one blanket under him and 3 blankets on top of him. He couldn't move. He would cry, fall asleep, then wake up and cry some more. When Kyle and I went to bed I got him out of his port-o-crib and put him in my sleeping bag, but there really isn't room for 2 in a mummy bag, even for a little guy. So I was uncomfortable (and cold) all night and Dillan kept waking up anyway. At 3:30 he wouldn't go back to sleep so I finally took him to the car and put him to sleep in his car seat (I turned the car on and warmed it up) and slept in there with him. The rest of the morning was uneventful, except for cooking breakfast, lighting a fire, and taking care of a baby is impossible for just 2 people!

No comments: