Friday, August 21, 2009

Wonderflour

This is a create your own adventure! Just read the parts that you want! Part 1: Background. Part 2: The Story. Part 3: The Pictures.

Part 1
My ward has been doing "Grain of the Month" emails in order to encourage food storage and usage. On month this email had a recipe for Wonderflour (spelt, brown rice, and barley that you mill into flour) that you can use in place of normal flour which would make cookies a lot more healthy! I got all the ingredients for it and finally got around to "milling" it in my blender a few days ago.

Part 2
The blender scares him so I was holding him while blending and as a was carrying the flour mixture around he got his hand into it (he is so quick!). He thought it was interesting so I put some in a bowl for him to play with. After putting his hand in it a few times he picked up a handful. After doing that a few times he tried to get a handful in his mouth. It dawns on me that this is going to get messy. Where can I put Dillan so that he can get all messy, yet keep the mess contained? The kitchen sink! I cleaned out one side and put him in it. This whole time he has been eating dry flour, so I add some water to it and it makes a paste. Here are the results:

Part 3






1 comment:

JaNae said...

You're a great mom!